Master’s Degree Programmes:
The graduates of Warsaw School of Applied Linguistics are awarded with a diploma of completion of Master’s Degree Studies and a professional title of magister in Philology in English - English Philology.
- Teaching and Translation (the extended curriculum),
- Communication in International Business and Administration.
Graduates majoring in Teaching, according to Polish educational standards of foreign language teaching, acquire necessary qualification to teach foreign languages in primary schools and kindergartens. Following the second-cycle studies in philology or linguistics, students acquire the necessary qualifications to teach a foreign language in all types of schools, including a highly-specialized language schools. They are equipped with didactic skills, allowing them to teach a foreign language with the application of modern technology: IT-based tools, computer and multimedia techniques, etc.
Graduates majoring in Translation are proficient users of the language of specialty and they are able to translate texts and interpret utterances using various styles and language registers. They are successful at the job market working as freelance translators or interpreters as well as cooperating with translation agencies, companies and institutions. They can use the knowledge concerning legal and organizational aspects of translator’s work in practice. They are able to select and apply appropriate strategies and techniques used in translation and interpreting. They are proficient users of DTP and CAT tools.
Graduates majoring in Teaching and Translation follow the extended curriculum of both specializations and acquire necessary qualifications to teach a foreign language in primary schools and kindergartens and acquire the practical skills necessary for carrying out translation and interpreting tasks in the language of their specialty.
A graduate majoring in Communication in International Business and Administration:
- may easily find employment in international corporations, offshore companies, national enterprises, foreign trade offices, translation agencies, territorial self-government institutions and multinational organizations requiring an impeccable command of English language and culture;
- fluently uses business English in speaking and writing;
- applies their knowledge and practical language skills in the realm of translation in reference to law, economy, documentation, public speaking, which enables one efficient functioning in an international environment;
- is oriented towards broadening their knowledge in the realm of specialist language, raising their professional qualifications and acquiring new skills.
The University offers full-time and part-time systems of studies. In full-time system classes are held from Monday to Friday and in part-time mode on Saturdays and Sundays.